Tuesday, January 13, 2015

A long cold angular detour

About ten years ago I decided I wasn't made for cold weather and that I would never ever go back to it. So much for that. So I quit the good old job, packed and before you knew it was 9th and Hennepin and all the donuts have funny names.

So, in order to reintegrate myself into the working force, you know, get a job... I decided to learn the stuff the cool kids do nowadays, namely angular and all that dependency injection jazz. Funny thing, I flunked the question about said injection in every interview. I thought it was something else, more complicated and important. Turns out it is a fancy name for: pass your stuff as parameters. Silly kids.

But hey! After a few weeks using the cheapest laptop I could find as my dev box I find myself knowing kung-fu and with a brand-spanking-new Excess website full of angles and goodies. Its all open sourced now and, while not quite ready for prime-time, quite cool. 

Links!!


I would not look much into the Roslyn code there, as it is so very prototype and about to get nuked in the worse way possible. But it is all there. The web site has a few new features (write and test your own DSLs!!) but that will get its own post.

I also added a few goodies to xs:

constructor ()
{
     //your initializers
}

which should need no explanation but warrants a bit of a rant: some keywords are universally accepted to refer to programming languages constructs (think constructor, method, property) and yet are never used in languages. Why is that?

property myProp = 5;
int property myProp;

which will both translate to int myProp {get; set;} That's something programmer must write continually and is just not as expressive or easy to write.

Check the new site, there are samples for all that. And more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment